A classic question, revisited: what are the five items you must have on a deserted island?
- A hammock – for sleeping and shade
- A Leatherman Multitool – with all the tools on these handy gadgets, much can be accomplished
- A companion – human or animal, it matters not, but too much time alone is not good for me
- A guitar – though I barely play, my deep love of music would make life very empty without the means of creating it
- An ax – have to generate firewood somehow
I really wanted to put a means of writing in this list, but I know those things will not last. Same goes with books; while I can and do reread books often, I think I’d rather go without if I can’t have access to new writing.
I think this list can be an interesting study for measuring maturity and growth. I wonder how my list today differs from what it would have been 10 years ago.